So its been three months since my last up date... I've been busy, lazy, and still don't have internet at my apartment. All good excuses but the real reason for my lack of updates is that I have been home for 5 or the last 14 weeks and because I haven't been anywhere that exciting; unless you count Sheboygan, which I don't.
I did spend a week in Germany during January but it wasn't anything to write home about if you get my drift. The work was difficult and further complicated by the fact our interpreter couldn't interpret... Thankfully our hotel was next to a beer hall which provided a welcomed respite between far too much work and far too little sleep. Hopefully I'll have time for sightseeing next time I am in Germany.
For those of you that didn't know, I celebrated another birthday in January. Being a January baby in the midwest pretty much meant that sailing was not a viable option as a birthday party. Well that and the fact I lived in the city. Happily this year I went sailing for my birthday and for the first time. My boss, Vicky and her fiancee, Joe have a 29ft sail boat in Dartmouth. While it was a bit too windy to get the sails up we did have a good time. I found out that I can steer boats with steering wheels a lot better than I can a stick and rudder. As it was my first attempt I am not embarrassed to admit three year old Florence was much better at this than I was. Pictures are on Flickr. For my literary friends, we sailed past Agatha Christies house on our way to a pub in the afternoon for drinks. We stopped at a couple more places before having the best fish & chips I've ever had for dinner
An old vice has entered back into my lift. I broke down and bought a TV a couple weeks ago. I did get it at a great price and while it is nice to be connected to its warm friendly glow again I already find myself reading less. I think I'll be setting some guidelines for my TV watching to ensure I get through my reading list.
I'm off to Tangiers, Morocco for two weeks this coming Sunday. I should have some good updates and pictures for all you when I get back.
And since halftime of the Arsenal v Barcelona match just ended, I'm suddenly that guy on my laptop at the pub while the game is. I better be going.
No comments:
Post a Comment