It was a big trip home for the holidays and not just because I got to see so many of you! Katie and I got engaged on December 20! After asking her father and godfather for permission, some sneaky shopping (diamonds are way too expensive in the UK), and an impromptu trip to Elkhart Lake, I was finally able to propose! Of course she said yes! And I said finally because I've had it in my mind to do this since July. Its a difficult and exciting secret to sit on for five months.
I won't give you all the details but Elkhart Lake is a special place for us. We met there and it was the site of our first date! I popped the question with a single diamond and an heirloom ring that has been passed down through three generations of my family. I'm the fourth generation to present it to the women I love. I went with a single stone so that we could pick out the setting together. A good choice but forewarning to any guys thinking about doing the same, her taste in settings might be at the high end of your budget! She knows I kid and it was worth every penny. Below are a couple pictures from that night.
We have no immediate plans to share with any of you but do stayed tuned for some this spring.
Christmas, as it always is, was a wonderful time. Especially memorable this year because it was the first time Katie and I spent the entire holiday together. We were with my family for Christmas Eve and I invited her family to spend Christmas day with my family. There was lots of celebrating the entire weekend! Below is my family with Santa on Christmas Eve.
We had hoped to continue our celebrating in Colorado for New Years Eve but the worst snow conditions in 20 years forced us to Florida instead. I know, I know, poor us... not really though because Florida was great! We lazed around in the pool, played some golf, ate, drank, and were merry the whole time. New Years Eve was spent at the golf club where we enjoyed a black tie affair with dinner, dancing, and a lot of champagne! Below is Katie and I before dinner.
I hope you all had a blessed and enjoyable holiday season. Can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us!
I won't give you all the details but Elkhart Lake is a special place for us. We met there and it was the site of our first date! I popped the question with a single diamond and an heirloom ring that has been passed down through three generations of my family. I'm the fourth generation to present it to the women I love. I went with a single stone so that we could pick out the setting together. A good choice but forewarning to any guys thinking about doing the same, her taste in settings might be at the high end of your budget! She knows I kid and it was worth every penny. Below are a couple pictures from that night.
We have no immediate plans to share with any of you but do stayed tuned for some this spring.
Christmas, as it always is, was a wonderful time. Especially memorable this year because it was the first time Katie and I spent the entire holiday together. We were with my family for Christmas Eve and I invited her family to spend Christmas day with my family. There was lots of celebrating the entire weekend! Below is my family with Santa on Christmas Eve.
We had hoped to continue our celebrating in Colorado for New Years Eve but the worst snow conditions in 20 years forced us to Florida instead. I know, I know, poor us... not really though because Florida was great! We lazed around in the pool, played some golf, ate, drank, and were merry the whole time. New Years Eve was spent at the golf club where we enjoyed a black tie affair with dinner, dancing, and a lot of champagne! Below is Katie and I before dinner.
I hope you all had a blessed and enjoyable holiday season. Can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment