I took my first step on British soil, er carpeted airport terminal, at 5:55 am on September 1st. I'm sure many of you found it strange, my agreeing to move here without so much as having visited previously. Well, I heard good things... mostly... and the offer was great!... sort of... well at least there is no language barrier! Regardless, here I am!
As I was saying. I arrived after a smooth and unfortunately almost sleepless flight. Crying children are not and never will be neutralized by noise canceling headphones. Red wine and ambien didn't even do the trick. This was also my first experience flying internationally on United. I was reasonably impressed with the economy plus setting room. Entertainment options and food were something to be desired though. My new boss, Vicky, with a large Costa (like Starbucks only European) in hand for me, was at the terminal to greet me and my five bags.
After a short walk to the car park we were off to work... Exactly what I wanted to do after a sleepless international flight and no shower. I won't bore you all with the details of my first few days of meetings and shaking hands with everyone. It will be sufficient to say that everyone I've met has been warm and welcoming.
In all honesty, I did hear good things about moving to England, the offer was pretty good, and while they do speak english here - it certainly isn't the same language!
love it man! great idea to do the blog- it not only keeps us all informed but also serves as a great remembrance of all your travels! it's amazing what you forget after the years....
ReplyDeletekeep it up!