I've been in Cheltenham for a total of nine days since getting here. Slowly but surly I am settling into my apartment and a routine. As much of a routine as I can between trips anyways.
Grocery shopping, not something I am fan of, has become a frequent errand. My refrigerator (I think it is all fridges here but I'm not positive) is about 1/3 of the size I am used to. Meaning it doesn't fit much so I need to refill it often. Beer bottles are a lot bigger here too so they take up more room than I am used to :) Sanisbury is my grocery store of choice mostly because its close. I'll be making a trip to the co-op grocery store a little further away this week. I'm told prices are actually better. I am sure none of you care about the other errands I run but I'll tell you anyways. Boots, is the pharmacy or general store I have used. Its similar to a Walgreens but more expensive.
This past weekend was spent touring around the Cotswolds with a couple other coworkers from the states who are here. I'll be posting some pictures via Flickr soon. Anyways, Tetbury and Borton on the Water were the two towns we visited this weekend. Happy to report I successfully navigated us to and between these towns using a very inadequate map. Yes, navigating not driving. I wasn't feeling so bold as to try my newly learned manual driving skills on the other side of the car and road yet. Maybe this weekend... Highlights of our weekend included a delicious lunch at Blue Brassiere and an inexpensive farmers market, both in Tetbury. Lowlights would include Borton on the Water... tourist trap and not even a good one.
I also watched my first premier league football (soccer) match this past weekend. Manchester United v Liverpool was a great introduction to the sporting culture. It should go without saying I enjoyed watching the game at the Frog and Fiddle, a football and rugby pub about a 5 minute walk from my apartment.
Hope everyone back home is doing well. You've all been in my thoughts and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment